Top tips when being interviewed
- Dress smartly. First impressions mean a lot and it will also make you feel more confident.
- Don’t be late. If there is a problem let the prospective employer know as soon as possible.
- Be prepared. Think ahead about some of the questions the interviewer might ask you and prepare the answers as well as the questions you would like to ask.
- Take an extra copy of your CV
- Take copies of your references
- Take any proof of qualifications
- Take a portfolio of any items that would highlight your suitability for the role
- Think about what attracts you to this position. By showing what motivates you, you will allow the potential employer to determine if you are best suited for the role.
- Be prepared to explain clearly why you left your last position – prepare a short and well considered response that will help your potential new employer ensure that you will be the right fit for the role.