‘All Rounders or Handymen’
(Aka: general manager, property manager, person Friday, Handyman a godsend!)
Our role is to keep you up to date with the private staffing sector and right now we are experiencing a growing trend in the employment of the ‘All Rounder’.
This growth indicates that our clients are keen to consolidate and combine a number of key roles into one overall senior position within a household/estate.
It also indicates that candidates have adapted and evolved, finding that the more flexible and versatile they are the better their job prospects.
A win/win solution!
The responsibilities and duties are endless of course, dependent on each household/property. So, looking at all the different combinations, our team have drawn up a comprehensive list of the most likely scenarios/duties that an ‘All Rounder’ can expect on their ‘to do’ list!
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Security of the property
- Household maintenance tasks
- Working with a Housekeeper to ensure the home is clean & tidy
- Driving e.g. airport runs, school run, errands
- Car cleaning
- Collecting morning newspapers
- General household errands eg local shopping, post letters
- Laying table, clearing up after meals (dishwasher etc)
- Silver polishing
- Shoe cleaning
- Light household (inside and outside) duties– eg change lightbulbs/fuses, put out recycling/bins etc
- Pet care
- Fireplace – clearing and laying of fire, collecting logs
- Assist with heavy items eg luggage, deliveries etc
- Help in the kitchen with food preparation
- Fruit/vegetable picking from garden
- Organise contractors
- Assist with general housekeeping
Please contact the team if you would like more information and advice on the role of an ‘All Rounder ‘. Your situation with be unique, so we will discuss the role with you to find a candidate who suits you and your requirements best.
Please email us on [email protected] or call 02074716000