Benefits of Hiring an Executive Personal Assistant
The role and objective of an Executive Personal Assistant (Executive PA) is to manage every aspect of their boss’s day and they are integral to a company running smoothly. (The ‘boss’ is usually the Chief Executive or one of the most senior level people in the company).Working behind the scenes, the Executive PA’s skills and reliability will ensure a fully functioning office. The Executive PA undertakes all the responsibility for key tasks such as managing meetings, booking appointments/diarising, flights/travel itineraries, organising correspondence, business letter writing, email communication and dealing with professional or personal errands. Their skills and experience will assure that their boss’s day is managed as effectively and productively as possible!
The Executive PA role has greater overall responsibility than that of a PA (who usually works for one or more senior level managers). In addition to all of the administrative tasks listed above, the Executive PA will be expected to be adept at prioritising their workload (time management is a crucial skill) and relentless in their attention to detail! They will be experienced in working effectively and ‘getting things done’ with a high degree of autonomy and initiative. There is also the expectation of involvement in wider special projects and additional tasks such as organising and management of events or liaising directly with clients.
A good Executive PA will be instinctive and able to anticipate what their boss may require and will similarly be able to make good decisions and negotiate even under pressure. As well as key levels of experience and commitment to the role, an effective Executive PA will be excellent in dealing with people at all levels.
Types of Responsibilities the Role Might Include:
- Administration – answering the phone, taking messages, diary management, preparing reports, updating spreadsheets, managing budgets and bookkeeping, maintaining websites and travel arrangements, liaising with clients/guests for lunch/dinner meetings, minutes of meetings and preparing meeting documents
- Organising – Maintaining good systems (paper and computer), planning trips and scheduling meetings
- Larger Projects (such as running a conference/workshop) – booking venues & speakers, arranging catering, flowers, guest lists
- Managing Relationships – Nurturing and maintaining positive relationships with clients and people within the company on behalf of the boss. A skilled Executive PA will be capable of emulating the style, corporate philosophy and corporate persona of the company/boss
- Personal – Shopping errands, making reservations, letting a repairman into the boss’s home, picking up dry cleaning or even choosing a gift on their behalf. Trustworthiness and discretion are essential attributes!
If you think an Executive PA could be beneficial and add value to you or your company, we would welcome your call for an initial discussion.
You can reach the household team on 020 74716000