Do You Need Seasonal Staff to Help Out This Christmas?
Happily, Christmas will be much more ‘normal’ this year and we can plan festive gatherings at last!
So, if you are hosting a house full of guests or are planning a drinks or dinner party you may wish to consider hiring some much needed help in order to make your Christmas as stress free and enjoyable as possible! And that’s where Eden can help…
With Eden, you can plan ahead to find the best candidates to work for you, for a few days or a few weeks.
Here, we’ve put together a list of the type of seasonal staff you could employ and crucially, how they could help you:
- Family Cook/Chef: shopping and food preparation takes time and also if you want to have something a little more adventurous on your menus, a skilled and professional Cook/Chef may be the answer. Also, don’t forget, many chefs are knowledgeable about and experienced in cooking certain types of internationalcuisine such as Mediterranean, French, Asian, Middle Eastern & Japanese. A professional Cook/Chef will also be able to cater for guests with specific dietary requirements such as coeliac/gluten-free, vegan/vegetarian, dairy & nut free.
- Driver/Chauffeur: hopefully there will be plenty of festive occasions or shopping expeditions when it would be great to be dropped off at your destination and collected later (at a time of your choosing) and all within the comfort and safety of your own car and driver.
- Nanny/MaternityNurse: a godsend for any busy family as an extra pair of hands is always welcome to keep little ones occupied and happy! A Maternity Nurse could also provide some much needed rest for parents.
- Housekeeper, Butler or A Household Couple: will give you a great opportunity to actually spend more time with your guests. Let the professionals get on with the job of managing the household and all the family/guests’ needs. They will anticipate and pro-actively support the daily rhythm of the house and its’ guests and will considerably lighten the burden on the ‘host’ family.
- Personal Assistant (PA): this could be the perfect time for a bit of forward planning! Book appointments and plan ahead for next year, overhaul your filing system, improve your office processes? A PA could get all this done for you so you can start the New Year with a well organised office and diary. You could even hire a PA to write your business Christmas cards or order and send those important corporate gifts.
- Gardener: it could be the perfect time to ‘put the garden to bed’ for the winter. This is a great seasonal role for a competent Gardener who is knowledgeable as to what needs to be done at this time of year/early next year (pruning, chopping, clearing, composting, mulching etc!). If you ever look out of your window at the garden and think “I must do…”then this is the perfect solution for you!
- Security (Property) or Close Protection (Personal): perhaps you will be away for a few days or longer and wish for your property to be secure and well taken care of in your absence or perhaps you or a family member require temporary Close Protection. Peace of mind and reassurance are key to enjoying a stress free Christmas.
- Handyman: another godsend! If you often find yourself thinking of all those little (or large!) jobs that need doing, but never get done, then here is the perfect solution! Before your family and guests arrive, a Handyman can attend to it all: hanging pictures, putting up shelves or mirrors and repairing pretty much anything!
For any of these roles and of course any other seasonal/temporary staffing requirements and for general advice and guidance on employing staff, please call the Eden Private Staff Team on +44 (0) 207 4716000.
Wishing you a very happy festive season!