Eden Private Staff
Fantastic private chef position available cooking for a vegan/vegetarian family
A family of four are looking for a highly experienced private chef to cook lunch and dinner, and the occasional breakfast and dinner party. During term time the children are at boarding school so overall you will just be cooking for two adults at this time.
They are happy to consider live in or live out candidates.
- To prepare delicious and nutritious meals. The family follow a vegan/vegetarian but like a mix of cuisines with a health focus on Mediterranean
- Plan menus and do the grocery shopping, focusing on fresh and local ingredients
- Maintain daily communication with the family regarding requests for meals and any requirements for the kitchen and/or food preparation
- Plan and prepare food for parties, holiday meals, luncheons, and special functions. You must be confident cooking for a dinner party up to 16 guests, as well as coordinate the activities of the food service staff
- Management of the kitchen, ensuring a safe work environment, daily cleaning and deep cleaning
- Travel with the family to vacation homes to provide meal preparations
- It is vital that you have previous experience cooking vegan and vegetarian dishes and understand the nutritional requirements.
- Be passionate about health and sustainability
- Be adaptable to last minute changes and be able to prepare meals on request
- Have great presentational skills
- The employer is very concerned on the cleanliness of the kitchen, it is essential that you can clean to the highest standard
- Other traits include being trustworthy, reliable, organised, energetic, consistent, punctual, responsible, and can take initiative.
DBS check will be required
Accommodation (if required)
If accommodation is required there is a lovely, fully equipped and furnished, one-bedroom apartment available in a separate lodge on the grounds.