Eden Private Staff
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chef who enjoys travelling
This a fantastic role to work for a family of 5 who looking for a professional and highly experienced chef to oversee the smooth running of their household. You will be required to work a flexible 5-day week, hours will vary depending on the family’s schedule.
This role provides an amazing experience to travel. The family usually spend 6 months in New York, 3 months in Gstaad and then visit London and other parts of Europe for the rest of the year. Due to current circumstances the family are not planning on going back to New York this year.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner for the family – the family enjoy a range of cuisines including Spanish, Italian, Mediterranean, Asian, and Japanese, but tend to stay away from French and British food
- Focus on light and healthy meals
- Menu planning
- Bake bread and cakes
- Be confident cooking for formal dinner parties and prepare delicious canapes
- Grocery shopping
- Manage the kitchen in terms of cleanliness and ensure all equipment is working
- Assist with adhoc duties when required – such as driving
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Have a great eye for detail and present dishes beautifully
- A good team ethic is vital, everyone works together in the household and you must be happy to jump in and assist with other duties if required.
- Restaurant, hotel or yacht background is desired but not essential
- Ideally having some formal qualifications
- It is essential that you enjoy travelling and are happy to relocate at short notice. You must have an EU passport and the client will organise a US visa if required.
DBS check will be required
You will be provided with accommodation at all properties which will consist of a shared staff flat with the butler/house manager in New York, your own bedroom and bathroom situated on a separate floor with use of a staff kitchen in Gstaad.