We recommend both Nannies and Maternity Nurses join Voice
Voice the Union represent a united strength that will support, protect and listen to you throughout your career, and we believe that every professional in early years, childcare and education, has the right to be heard. That’s why the benefits offered by the Voice membership service can enrich your working life – making Voice membership so much more than just an insurance policy.
Nannies are employed directly by parents (sometimes by more than one set of parents in a ‘nanny share’) and work in the home of the children they care for.
Nannies should not be confused with registered childminders who are self-employed and look after children in their own home and who do not qualify for Voice membership.
How to become a VOICE member
All Nannies registered with Eden Nannies will receive a 10% discount on their membership
VOICE will provide you with an information pack on all you need to know about working as a nanny ranging from finding the right childcare qualifications, pay and conditions, enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (formally known as CRB disclosure), employment contracts and paying tax, to registering with nanny agencies.
Voice nanny membership offers nannies a wide range of benefits, including some of the following
Advice, Support and personal representation
- Property / Motor Vehicle / Personal Accident & Hospitalisation Insurance
- 24 hour legal helpline for free non-employment related advice
- Your Voice, the union’s magazine, Voice diary & handbook and union produced publications and information sheets
- Voice Rewards – a package which includes fantastic cost saving discounts
– (find more information click on the logo opposite).
Click here for the VOICE Nanny Salary survey