Considerations when choosing a Maternity Nurse
Choosing a maternity nurse
In order to develop a successful relationship with your maternity nurse or nanny, they need to meet your requirements.
We will only send details of candidates that meet your specific needs – we believe in quality over quantity and will ensure your criteria are met.
Things to consider:
- Are you happy for them to take charge?
- Will they encourage bonding with the baby?
- Do they support routine or demand feeding, and which suits you better?
- Do they support you breast feeding long-term?
- Will they share a room with the baby and take charge of night feeds?
- Will they be expected to change, wind and burp the baby after a night feed?
- Will they look after your other children?
- Will they be close by during their time off?
- Do you expect them to travel with you?
- Will the nurse’s duties change if you travel?
- Do they have experience with premature babies, circumcision or multiple births?
- Are they flexible about the length of stay, and are they happy to extend?
By having a clear understanding of what to expect and communicating these expectations, having a maternity nurse is a huge support for your family. For an informal chat with one of our consultants please call Katie, Vanessa, Lyndsey, Lucy or Mary on 020 7471 6000, alternatively you can register as a client by clicking here