Norland-trained Rota Nanny!
Location: Anywhere in England
Children are truly the passion of S, who from a young age, has always aspired to work and care for children at the highest professional level. Her ambitions led her to Norland College, where her self-motivation, hard work and determination set her pathway to her chosen career of childcare. Having qualified from Norland College in 2016, she has gained experience in nursery, school, and private household settings, with children from newborn – teenagers, including twins and with children with special needs. S is a trustworthy, reliable, and outgoing individual. She will push herself to achieve the best outcome possible from any opportunity she is given. S is truly passionate about her job and will always go above and beyond to always ensure the continuity of care for children. It is her goal to create a secure environment for children, where they can thrive, and assist parents to find a routine that fits the family and aids the children’s development. S believes in a teamwork orientated approach when working with a family, to achieve the best outcome for the child and to ensure they develop holistically. Having at one stage been training to be a professional swimmer, S has experience teaching and helping younger swimmers to develop their technique. Throughout S’s time caring for children, she has built up a portfolio of age and stage appropriate activities to promote the children’s developmental milestones. She loves to promote sensory play to encourage the children in her care to use their five senses to develop their skills on a daily basis. S thrives from and strives to form strong and long-lasting relationships with each and every child she cares for. Her passion and dedication to her career is apparent to anyone who meets her. S would be an asset to any family that she joins.
Mrs C: ‘S is calm, friendly, firm and fair. Our children respect her and look forward to seeing her. She is punctual, organised and always well-prepared with new and exciting ideas and activities for the children ranging from baking, painting, sports and imaginative play.
Mrs R: ‘S was a fantastic help to the family. She is exceptionally professional in her approach to childcare. She is loving to the children and thinks of innovative ways to entertain them. She regularly bough her own art and craft materials for the children to play with. S was always excellent with my daughter who had speech and language difficulties and learnt Makaton signing so that she could support her appropriately.’
Mrs A: ‘S is an excellent nanny and one whom I would have no hesitation in hiring if we needed someone full time. I have no reservations in recommending her to you.’
If you think S could be the right nanny for your family, call Eden today!
- DBS – in process elsewhere
- First aid from – October 2021
- Happy to travel with a family
- Pet friendly
- Happy working in formal or informal homes
- Happy working with other staff members
- 2016 – BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies – Norland Diploma – Norland College, Bath
- Age preference with children: babies but can be flexible
- Comfortable with both sole and shared charge
- Comfortable proxy parenting
- Happy to babysit
- Implement weaning
- Support the child in reaching their milestones by providing a stimulating environment full of age-appropriate activities.
- Planning and preparing healthy meals
- Rotation, organisation and cleaning of toys.
- Helping older siblings prepare for the new arrival and assisting in the preparation of the baby’s room.
- Potty training and help prepare for a smooth transition to pre-school.
- When planning my activities, I would try and adapt it so it would be beneficial for both siblings ages to allow them to bond well
- When travelling, it is my job to plan a list and pack the children’s suitcases to ensure they had everything they needed
- To be well organised with snacks, activities, and other essentials to ensure a smooth trip, I would always pack more than we need in case of delay.
- When on the vacation I would plan appropriate activities to ensure the whole family had a lovely holiday.
- Sleep training
- Encouraging the children to participate in mealtime ideas and cleaning away after meals.
- Attending to all nursery duties and communicating with the other nannies, the house keepers, the personal assistant, and the drivers to ensure we were all working together to achieve the best possible care for the children.
- Planning stimulating activities and outings such as craft, cooking, trips to museums, the park, the beach and the swimming pool, meeting their individual needs.
- Nursery runs
- Laundered the children’s clothing and bedding; maintained toys and the children’s possessions; accompanied the children to the doctors for appointments and vaccinations
- Housekeeping duties relating to the children, but has a pro-active tidy nature around the house
Cooking, pets, travel
- Happy to cook for the children
- Happy to work alongside household pets
- Happy to travel with a family