Private Security Manager & Family Advisor
The role of a security manager/ security advisor
The role of a security advisor can be tailored to cover multiple generations of a family. The traditional corporate security advisor or head of security role has been adapted to suit the often complicated and diverse needs of a multi-generational family group.
The management of security and safety across all residences is equally as challenging as that which a corporate head of security will encounter. Many executive level business men and women work in a de-perimeterised home office where security of information and personal details are more vulnerable to attack than the work environment. Travel plans and the logistics around international or domestic travel can be compromised if not planned with security involvement. This can be applied to everything from the school run to yacht security.
A security advisor can become a pivotal facilitator in any circumstance and will quickly make an impact on the sense of security for all family members, which can alleviate the stress and worry that often comes with success and wealth.
Eden’s Security advisors are all ex High ranking Officers from the Police or Military. They have experience in solving complex security problems and employ exemplary leadership and management skills. They invariably have the highest developed (DV) vetting as commensurate with their past responsibilities. Their vocational experience is always augmented by academic study and higher qualifications to ensure that they are at the cutting edge of current threat vectors. Personality is the key to a successful relationship in such a strategic and trusted role. Each candidate has been selected for their people skills and emotional intelligence. They must be empathetic to the security concerns of their employer whilst balancing that with an unrestricted lifestyle. Security is an enabler and should never attempt to restrict the desires of the family.
Typical responsibilities and duties
- Confident and personal advisor to the head of household
- Daily intelligence manager identifying potential threats to the family
- Daily security manager for any security personnel employed.
- Event security manager and key planning member
- Cyber security advisor and custodian
- Travel security advisor
- Residential security advisor (globally) including Yachts and Aeroplanes
- Vetting and screening of potential staff
- Private investigations into household theft or fraud
- Asset protection including cars, fine art and bloodstock.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the client and plan accordingly
- Experience in the delivery of a discreet, confidential and unobtrusive service.
For further advice and information, please contact Mark Whitworth or Alex Sansbury 0207 471 6000