The Benefits of Hiring a Personal Assistant
Running a business and/or a busy family and simply not having enough hours in the day to achieve everything can be pretty frustrating.
Time management is such a huge component of our everyday lives that finding the right help, such as a Personal Assistant can be literally ‘life-changing’! There are many different areas where a PA can make a positive contribution to your business life, office, personal and family life as well.
Definition of a Personal Assistant…
A PA is someone who works directly with you on a day to day basis, managing professional/business or personal tasks. A PA will be competent in a vast array of skills that will suit the employer’s particular requirements and will be a person of integrity (able to keep confidential information, confidential) and will be flexible as to the changing demands of the role.
It would be impossible to list everything that a PA might be asked to accomplish as each role is so unique, however there are a number of typical tasks that most PA’s will be involved in:
Example of Tasks in a Business/Office Setting (this could be an office at the employer’s home)
- Diary/Administration Management: answering the phone, taking messages, co-ordinating the diary/scheduling appointments, preparing reports, updating spreadsheets, managing budgets and bookkeeping, maintaining websites and managing/booking travel arrangements, liaising with clients/guests for lunch/dinner meetings, minutes of meetings and preparing meeting documents
- Client Liaison/People Management: nurturing and maintaining positive relationships with clients and people within the company on behalf of the boss. A skilled PA will be capable of emulating the style, philosophy and persona of the company/boss
- Research/Larger Projects: examples of this could be running a conference/training workshop, booking venues & speakers, arranging catering, flowers, guest lists
- Personal Matters: collecting dry cleaning, post, gift purchases, booking tickets & other similar errands
Example of Tasks in a Personal Setting (this could just be the employer or employer plus family)
- Household Management: dealing with other employees and visitors such as security, child carers, cleaners, gardeners, dog walkers and so on
- Scheduling Events: helping plan & book family celebrations/events
- Diary Management: manage and maintain the family calendar regarding appointments, holidays and travel
- General Errands /Driving: any number of tasks!
Whilst each role will be different and customised to suit the employer’s requirements, it is evident that there are huge benefits to hiring a PA and not just to make life run more smoothly.
An effective and trusted PA will optimise your ability to focus on your business objectives, allowing you to grow your business whilst they skilfully manage the everyday demands of an office. An effective PA will also facilitate enhanced quality time with your family and the opportunity to develop your own skills and hobbies.
If you would like further advice or information regarding hiring a Personal Assistant or any other Household Staff, please call us on 02074716000