The Role of an ‘All Rounder’
(Also known as: General Manager, Estate/Property Manager, Person Friday,Handy Man/Woman, An Absolute Godsend!)
An All Rounder is exactly that. They are able to turn their hand to a variety of different tasks that an employer might need either inside or outside the home/estate/farm buildings/land.
Growth in the sector and demand for this type of role indicates that our clients are keen to consolidate and combine a number of key roles into one overall senior position within a household/estate.
It also indicates that candidates have adapted and evolved, finding that the more flexible and versatile they are the better their job prospects.
The responsibilities and duties of an ‘All Rounder’ are of course hard to qualify as each clients’ needs will be completely different.
It is possible however, to take a look at the different possible role combinations that we might recruit for, giving the Eden team the opportunity to build a comprehensive list of the most likely scenarios/duties that an ‘All Rounder’ can expect on their ‘to do’ list!
So, duties could include but are obviously not limited to:
- Security of the property
- Household maintenance tasks and light household duties: change lightbulbs/fuses, put out recycling/bins
- Working with a Housekeeper doing general household tasks (vaccuming, dusting, cleaning, tidying, laundry, beds, watering plants)
- Driving e.g. airport runs, school run, errands
- Car cleaning
- General household errands e.g local shopping, post letters, dry cleaning
- Laying table, clearing up after meals (dishwasher etc)
- Silver polishing
- Shoe cleaning
- Pet care (walking, feeding, grooming, trips to the vet)
- Fireplace – clearing and laying of fire, collecting logs
- Assist with heavy items e.g luggage, deliveries etc
- Help in the kitchen with food preparation
- Fruit/vegetable picking from garden
- Gardening (weeding, mowing, planting, clearing, sweeping)
- Organising contractors to the property (liaising, checking work)
If this sounds like the type of role that would suit your household, then please call the Eden Team to discuss further and find out more about the candidates we have available for an All Rounder position within your unique setting.
Please contact us on 02074716000 or email email@example.com