A chauffeur may take on many roles and therefore needs to be immaculate, discrete, multi-skilled and highly organised. Good geographical knowledge is essential, particularly so in Central London where this skill is in high demand.
Positions will either be for a private client, or within a corporate environment. Chauffeurs are required to be safe, dependable drivers, and flexibility and a willingness to work long hours are essential. A full understanding of chauffeur etiquette is also necessary.
There are many chauffeur jobs and vacancies available with Eden Private Staff and the right candidate is just around the corner!
What duties will a Private or Corporate Chauffeur undertake within a role?
Primarily a chauffeur will drive and maintain cars, organise MOTs, valeting and services. Working flexibly they will coordinate with the house principals to ensure they plan the best route and anticipate any needs for pickups, drop offs, or airport runs. They must ensure daily appointments are managed effectively.
A corporate chauffeur may be required to assist with basic office duties and act as the company’s courier delivering important documents and files. Chauffeurs may also be required to book appointments, travel, restaurants, entertainment, collect shopping, run errands and other flexible duties as directed.
Driving children to and from school, carrying out minor household repairs, maintenance, gardening and pet care duties may also fall under the job of a private household chauffeur, or a hybrid private/corporate chauffeur.
Chauffeurs may be engaged to take care of the personal security of their employer and their family. Professional chauffeurs are also expected to have extensive experience of caring for prestige and luxury vehicles or vintage cars.
What are the advantages of having a Private or Corporate Chauffeur?
A private or corporate chauffeur can offer a high degree of flexibility in the duties they undertake and become a valued employee, travelling with their employer as required within the UK or abroad.
Often combining Security, Houseman or PA duties they can be a good option for employers requiring commitment, reliability and continuity from an employee that can work closely with them to meet their personal and professional needs. Practiced chauffeurs are diligent, discreet and offer complete confidentiality. A chauffeur can save time and money by carrying out basic daily household needs. Professional chauffeurs are smartly attired, immaculately presented and take pride in their role and the cars they drive. They may have advanced driving, chauffeur training, defensive driving, skid control and anti-hijack certificates.
What will a Private or Corporate Chauffeur cost?
Chauffeurs’ wages vary considerably, depending on the hours they work and the flexibility required. Generally they will work 5 or 6 days a week, or around 40-50 hours.
Some chauffeurs live in accommodation provided by the employer, but the majority will be employed on a “live out” daily basis. In many instances the chauffeur will keep a car with them to ensure they are reliable with early pick-ups and late evening drop-offs.
Some chauffeurs accept a fixed wage including an estimated amount of overtime. Others receive a basic wage for a standard working week and are paid overtime (usually 50 per cent greater than their standard hourly rate) for the extra hours they work. As a general guide a live out chauffeur in London may earn between £35-£60,000 per year, depending on hours and experience. If under PAYE they will be entitled to paid annual leave (generally arranged around the employer’s schedule) and SSP.
How can I Hire a Private or Corporate Chauffeur?
Here at Eden Private Staff we have decades of experience as a private or corporate chauffeur agency. We have sourced some of the most capable private drivers in London and internationally.
If you wish to find out more information about employing a chauffeur or are interested in our chauffeur recruitment agency services please call us on 020 7471 6000.
Duties of a corporate Chauffeur
Here are some of the specialist duties of a Corporate Chauffeur
- Specialist geographical knowledge of local roads/routes, Home Counties etc without the use of Sat Nav
- Knowledge of major airports, top restaurants, theatres, hotels etc.
- Well presented at all times, discreet, polite and professional with exceptional time keeping
- Valeting of vehicles ensuring they are well maintained
- Opening doors for the clients and guests
- Planning journey routes in advance
- Ad hoc duties within the clients’ office
- Assisting with luggage
As a corporate Chauffeur working within the corporate sector, some chauffeurs spend their time on other duties when not driving, such as basic office work, acting as the company’s courier and carrying out minor maintenance tasks. Increasingly, chauffeurs are required to offer their employers and their property a level of personal protection.
Profile of a Corporate Chauffeur;
Anthony is an exceptional corporate chauffeur, Bentley and Rolls Royce trained. He has unrivalled topographical road knowledge in London and surrounding areas and offers a top class level of service to his employers. Impeccable presentation, discretion, professionalism and a welcoming and warm nature are the qualities that Anthony offers along with 24 years’ experience in this field. Anthony has been described by past employers as ’simply the best chauffeur that I have ever employed’.
For further information on recruiting your Corporate Chauffeur please speak to Mark Whitworth or Alex Sansbury on 020 7471 6000 Alternatively you can speak to any one within our team. If your are a corporate chauffeur with a minimum of 5 years experience please please get in touch with us as soon as possible.
Duties and skills of a specialist private chauffeur include:
- Detailed knowledge of local roads without the use of Sat Nav.
- Flexibility in taking on duties outside driving such as general maintenance around the employer’s home, light gardening and shopping.
- School collections and drop offs for children
- Immaculate presentation at all times, discreet, polite and professional with exceptional time keeping
- Valeting of prestige vehicles
- Opening doors for the clients and guests
- Assisting with luggage
Our typical Private Chauffeur:
Dino is a trustworthy, discreet, hard-working and highly competent private chauffeur with more than 10 years’ experience. Within his roles Dino has incorporated other duties which are too many to mention but have included; handyman duties, care-taking and security of employers properties when they are travelling, managing building maintenance and all high tech alarm systems, heating, audio and visual equipment, running errands, etc . He is proactive and conscientious and is able to work autonomously as well as part of a team. Dino is a proficient driver with fantastic working knowledge of London and is happy to carry out all maintenance for luxury cars and organise the paperwork for vehicles as required.
Please call our team if you would like more information on 020 7471 6000
Statement: Versatile and highly experienced candidate available who is confident taking on management roles whole still being very hands on.
Date Posted17 Jan 2023
Location: London, Bedford
Statement: He will be happy to drive all your family around the UK or Europe. He will make sure to keep your cars presented to high standard. He has Bentley experience.
Date Posted21 Nov 2022
Security oriented Chauffeur
Location: Desired Location
Statement: Protect your family today with an ex-Royal Military Police trained Security Chauffeur and Close Protection Officer
Date Posted26 Oct 2022
Statement: Get in touch today if your household/business would benefit from a chauffeur with over 35 years professional driving experience.
Date Posted24 Oct 2022
Statement: Professional chauffeur with security background with over 15 years’ experience working for high net worth families
Date Posted20 Oct 2022
Why Hire a Private Chauffeur
There are many good and practical reasons to hire a chauffeur, not least of which is to save you time and money when you are a busy executive going about your daily business life.
However, there are many other instances where you could consider hiring a chauffeur to add to the enjoyment of life, thereby making a special occasion even more memorable, glamorous and exhilarating.
Having your own personal driver may not be the first thing that comes to mind when planning an excursion or celebration but it could make the difference between a relaxing and luxurious experience and an ordinary day or night out.
Here are just a few occasions when hiring a chauffeur is absolutely the right thing to do:
There are some key moments in life which deserve to be special and clearly your wedding day is one of them. Most people do book a car to deliver them to their wedding nuptials but how about the journey to and from your honeymoon destination?
- Your wedding day will be both emotional and exhausting – why not end the day being whisked away in the back of a luxury vehicle with your beloved.
- Having a driver drop you at the hotel or the airport will add an extra special touch of glamour to the occasion.
- If you are flying somewhere wonderful and exotic there will be no time wasted booking airport car parking and then driving around looking for a suitable space, no joining a queue for the courtesy transport in the rain or cold whilst dragging heavy luggage behind you.
- You can be dropped at your destination and glide through to the departure gate relaxed and stress-free.
- At the end of your romantic honeymoon, you can be met and whisked home without waiting for the courtesy bus and then searching the car park for your vehicle.
Birthday or Anniversary Celebrations
These are important milestones in life and should be celebrated as such. Hiring a chauffeur can add that extra special memory to the evening. You can be dropped off at the door of the venue and collected afterwards, cleverly avoiding:
- Booking the taxi in advance only to wait dejectedly for a non-arrival or finding at the end of the evening that you have a delay before being taken home.
- Searching for a parking space close to the venue so that you may avoid your clothing and hairstyle getting ruined by inclement weather conditions.
- A designated driver who spends the evening unable to partake of even the smallest sip of celebratory champagne.
A Romantic City Break
Cities are congested and stressful places and negotiating your way through unfamiliar streets and traffic jams can lead to frayed tempers and angry words. This is never going to be the ideal way to start a romantic break. If you hire a chauffeur you can:
- Relax and chat during the journey without having to consult the sat-nav or passing strangers for directions.
- Arrive at your chosen destination feeling calm and relaxed.
- Avoid the need to check in advance to see if your chosen hotel has a car park and also avoid the endless merry go round trying to find a space.
- Be sure there will be no inexplicable dents or scratches on your vehicle when you return to your parking space.
The Family Holiday of a Lifetime
It won’t be the holiday of a lifetime unless you make it so! Most of us love holidays but the logistics of getting to the airport through typically busy traffic, parking the car, dragging the family and all the luggage to the terminal can be daunting and then repeating that whole experience in reverse when you are tired from a long flight can be incredibly stressful. In this instance booking a chauffeur-driven car could be the icing on the cake of a wonderful family holiday experience.
- No family arguments about which car park zone you need to look for.
- No fractious children to distract you whilst driving home when you are already exhausted and/or jet-lagged.
An Exclusive Day Out
For any day out, from Ladies Day at the races through to an office celebration for the Formula 1 at Silverstone, what could be more glamorous and exclusive than arriving in style.
- You and your associates will feel that extra little bit special being chauffeur-driven to the event.
- Enjoy the full experience including the champers and fine wines.
- No reason to leave early to avoid the crush at the car park exits.
Every single celebration in life deserves to be instilled with special meaning. So why not add in that extra dose of magic by using a private chauffeur. When you are having the time of your life you don’t need any mundane details to come between you and your enjoyment of the experience. Plus what could be more pleasurable than enjoying a journey in a prestigious, luxury vehicle without the stress of actually trying to manoeuvre or park it!