A housekeeper cook will have the same responsibilities as a housekeeper but with the extra responsibility of preparing meals for the household and a keen interest in cooking.
They will take care of the house, ensuring that it is always clean, neat and tidy.
Special attention is paid to serving nutritious and healthy family meals and the more experienced cook would also be asked to prepare and cook for a dinner parties and when the family are entertaining.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will vary widely from one household to another, so we encourage employers to specify their particular requirements early in the interview process. Duties may include:
- Preparing and serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Clearing away, tidying and cleaning the kitchen and rooms where food is eaten.
- Presenting menus for approval and discussing daily requirements with employer, house manager or butler.
- Dealing with grocery shopping and maintaining accounts and budgets
- Placing orders for kitchen supplies
- Maintaining stock control
- Keeping kitchen pots, pans and work surfaces clean and in good condition
- Ensuring refrigerator is clean and out-of-date items discarded
- Tidying and cleaning bathrooms, bedrooms and living areas
- Polishing brass and silver, antiques, and fine furniture
- Cleaning windows
- Collecting, washing and ironing laundry. Hand washing delicate items
- Arranging for dry-cleaning
- Answering door and telephone
- Feeding and exercising pets
- Keeping patios, pathways and steps clean and tidy
- Watering household plants
- Handling petty cash and debit cards
- Dealing with tradesmen, suppliers and contractors
- Managing security alarms
- Carrying out any other tasks that the employer may reasonably ask
Eden will reference check all their housekeeper cooks and ensure they possess a clear DBS record from the Criminal Records Bureau. We always recommend our clients speak to the referees themselves to ascertain the candidates’ ultimate suitability.
The salary range for housekeepers and housekeeper cooks is typically from £400 – £500 net for a live in position or £450 -£550 for a live out position.
Housekeeper cooks are usually charged at the hourly rate of £10 – £15.
If you would like us to find the ideal housekeeper cook, please call Laura Rock, Victoria Champion or Alex Sansbury on 020 74716000.