The role of a Nanny Groom
A nanny groom may be employed to assist a family looking after children, horses and ponies. They may also be required to perform light housekeeping duties.
Typical duties include:
- Shared care of the children
- General household cleaning and tidying
- School pickup and drop off
- Exercising horses and ponies and general animal care
- Schooling and lunging horses
- Planning, cooking and supervising children’s mealtimes and cleaning up afterwards
- Accompanying children on hacks and helping with riding
- Helping handyman when required
- Washing and ironing children’s clothing and bedding
- Reinforcing discipline of children
- Caring for pets
Nanny grooms can be employed on either live in or live out basis. Typically the nanny groom will be experienced in driving either a horsebox or a vehicle with a horse trailer.
The duties vary extensively depending on the household. For more information or to discuss your role please call Harriett Walsh or country nanny consultant. However, if you are considering a Housekeeper Groom, please call any member in our housekeeping team.