Gardener & Housekeeper Couple
This role provides the employer with gardening and housekeeping duties for a private household.
The gardener will usually come from a horticultural background, with experience of formal or informal gardens and may hold horticultural qualifications.
Gardener duties and skills:
- Mowing lawns
- Forestry work and management (should possess a chainsaw licence)
- Maintaining security of the grounds
- Caring for existing established gardens
- Planting new plants, shrubs and trees
- Pest control
- Operation and good working knowledge of garden machinery
- The housekeeper will undertake all housekeeping duties to a high standard and ensure the smooth running of the household.
Housekeeper duties and skills:
- Cooking and serving meals for the household
- Cleaning the interior of the home
- Laundry and ironing
- Assisting with the cooking and serving for special events
- Running errands including grocery shopping
- Making the beds
- Polishing the silver
- Mending clothes
- Caring for household pets
- Maintaining stock of cleaning and household supplies
While a housekeeper may not have any formal training, they should have experience of working in a private home.
Housekeepers often work alone, however there is usually a need for flexibility to work with other staff on some tasks which may require a team effort.
Housekeepers will usually be supervised by the employer or sometimes a household manager.
For further information, please call Alex or Mark on 020 7471 6000