Who are Housekeeping Couples..
This is a variation of a professional couple working as a team within a private household.
The effectiveness of these types of couple roles depend on the ability to work as a team and the level of communication between the employer and the couple.
As each household is unique, the duties will vary somewhat, however general duties will nearly always involve:
- Cleaning, vacuuming, dusting and polishing.
- Washing, ironing, making and changing beds.
- Food preparation, serving and clearing up.
- Assistance with shopping and putting shopping away.
- Helping to look after the children where necessary.
- Driving-related duties, such as the school run.
In addition a housekeeping couple may be asked to help with
- Gardening and fruit picking.
- Basic household maintenance.
- Swimming pool maintenance.
- Caring for pets.
If you would like more advice and information on employing a housekeeping couples, please call Mark Whitworth, Alex Sansbury, Laura Rock, Polly Lambert or any member of the household team on 020 7471 6000.