Laundress & Houseman Couple
This couple’s role is very popular with our clients. A laundress is responsible for maintaining all the clothing and linens for the household and the houseman will do cleaning, and general maintenance inside and outside of the home.
A laundress is knowledgeable in the special care of certain fabrics and will understand how to care for clothing. Key duties include:
- Day to day washing and ironing and specialist fabric care.
- Seamstress work
- Repairing clothing
- Working with haute couture and designer clothing. Washing and caring for garments.
- Wardrobe management, organising and cataloguing clothing, shoes, bags and accessories.
- Experience in packing suitcases in the best way possible.
- Assisting with housekeeping duties and working alongside other housekeeping staff.
A houseman will ensure the household is presentable and running smoothly. Specific duties and skills may vary depending on the size of the home and the level of experience of the houseman.
Typical houseman duties include:
- Carrying out heavy duty cleaning, including washing windows.
- Moving furniture.
- Polishing floors, carrying equipment up and down stairs.
- Caring for delicate items of furniture including art collections and antiques.
- Polishing brass and silver.
- Caring for pets.
- General housekeeping
- Serving drinks and serving at table (some housemen will have experience of silver service).
For more information or to discuss your specific requirements please call any member within the private household team on 020 7471 6000 click here for the client registration