Nanny Groom & Handyman Couple
A couple or two individuals may work together to assist a family in taking care of the general upkeep of the home the land and the family’s horses or ponies. The position can either be on a live in basis, or daily.
As the term nanny groom suggests, one half of the couple will have responsibility for the children, horses and the house.
Typical nanny groom duties will include:
- Shared care of the children.
- General household cleaning and tidying.
- School pickups and drop off.
- Care of the horses or ponies including: feeding, grooming, exercising and general care of the animals.
- Planning, cooking and supervising the children’s meals.
- Cleaning and tidying the kitchen and other rooms used by the children.
- Keeping children occupied with various activities.
- Accompanying children out on hacks and helping with riding
- Helping out when asked.
- Washing and ironing the children’s clothes and bedding.
- Reinforcing appropriate discipline for the children.
- Caring for and feeding pets and exercising them.
Typical handyman duties include:
- General maintenance of the land, stables and buildings.
- Helping with heavy lifting.
- General forestry maintenance.
- Running errands.
- Maintaining machinery and equipment.
- Carrying out minor electrical work.
- Attending to minor plumbing repairs.
- Polishing floors or cleaning heavy carpets.
- Caring for any other livestock.
- Light gardening duties.
The duties vary extensively and depend on the employer. The specific job description will change from one family to another. For more information or to discuss a role you are recruiting for please call any member within the household team on 020 7471 6000