PA & House Manager Couples
Personal Assistant and House Manager Couple
A PA and house manager couple will work as a team and to ensure the smooth running of a busy household, working closely with other members of staff and the owners.
They will organise diaries, schedules, travel arrangements, coordinate events and deal with all everyday tasks for their employers. They will also oversee the household stocks and budgets and recruit staff as and when required.
A PA will work in their employer’s home office and manage their household, personal and professional needs. They will need to possess excellent managerial, communication and interpersonal skills, understand protocol and etiquette and have the ability to organise and prioritise multiple activities.
Most personal assistants will be well educated and have professional experience in a corporate setting, although their experience and background will vary considerably.
- Computing and accounting.
- Handling bills and invoices.
- Making travel arrangements (often travelling with the employer).
- Handling correspondence, creating inventories, organising the office and handling media enquiries.
- Planning special events and parties.
- Managing construction projects or home improvements.
- Organising and liaising with third parties.
- Coordinating personal schedules and daily activities.
- Running business and personal errands.
- Maintaining social and philanthropic activities.
A household manager’s duties will depend on the size of the property and the specific needs of the owner. Usually they will only deal with property, and although most household managers won’t have had any
formal training, they will bring experience from their previous positions.
The skills required of the household manager are similar to that of the estate manager. One main difference is the level of hands-on involvement. Household managers usually perform many tasks themselves as well as delegating to other staff.
Duties may include the following:
- Training, organising and managing the duties and schedules of other staff.
- Managing household budgets and supplies.
- Coordinating and scheduling service contractors.
- Ensuring home and personal security.
- Coordinating travel arrangements and preparation for travel.
- Planning and directing special events.
- Coordinating schedules and daily activities.
- Maintaining care of fine china, silver, crystal, artwork, antiques and special collections.
- Serving as a personal valet to the household or gentleman of the house.
- Running household and personal errands.
For further information on employing a PA and house manager couple, please call Mark Whitworth or Alex Sansbury on 020 7471 6000, or Click here for Client Registration